The Ministry of Health (MOH) has launched a national surveillance program to contain any future outbreak of the Ebola virus disease in the country.Making the disclosure yesterday at the Ministry of Information’s regular press briefing on Capitol Hill in Monrovia, Amos Gborie from the Incident Management System (IMS) explained that the new initiative is to combat the Ebola situation in Liberia.He said the Ministry of Health and partners will conduct a swab on all bodies to enable to detect the status of the body before burial, including those rural areas.“Swabbing is cheek or mouth swab that will be performed on dead bodies to detect the possible presence of Ebola virus and such swab analysis will help to assist families by providing them options to the burial of their deceased relatives,” he said.Mr. Gborie explained that Liberia has the capacity to test all bodies across the country.“The initiative will continue until Guinea and Sierra Leone are free of the Ebola virus disease,” he stated.The Ministry of Health is taking full initiative of all bodies in Liberia, he said for their burial.The Swabbing Team would work with the Burial Team and a body is without the virus, the family would decide to carry out the burial or give the body to the burial team for burial, Mr. Gborie explained.He said the MOH would begin educating the public through fliers, placards, billboards, and songs within the various local dialects to ensure that community dwellers remain part of the initiative in reporting those who die.He said the MOH will also engage the National Traditional Council to inform those in the rural areas about the current initiative.“We have trained people within the 15 counties and equipped them to undertake this national endeavor,” he added, “We are supporting such a plan because our neighbors are experiencing the Ebola situation and we need to observe all preventive measures.”Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
Vice-Chairman of Region Nine, (Upper Takutu/UpperEssequibo) Karl Singh has tendered his resignation, citing “personal reasons” as being responsible for his decision.Contacted in this regard, Region Nine Chairman Brian Allicock confirmed that Singh had tendered his resignation, but he could not provide any information as to what had led to Singh’s decision. He told this publication that Singh’s resignation letter was received on Friday, and added that Singh did not expand on the reason for his decision. Efforts to contact Singh proved futile.Singh had recently been in the local news after the Commission of Inquiry into the discovery of an illegal aircraft at Yupukari, North Rupununi, had cited him in a less-than-favourable light with respect to his duties in the region.The findings of that CoI, as confirmed by Minister of State Joseph Harmon, had indicated that communication was lacking between residents, the Police, military and regional administration; and this had caused the Government to re-examine the system that obtained in regard to the dissemination of information in remote areas.The communication channel is such that when the District Intelligence Committee (DIC) meets, there is a collaboration of information, which would then be sent to the higher tier of the Regional Intelligence Committee (RIC), comprising the regional chairman and other officers.The CoI had found that there was a break in communication, as the Village Intelligence Committee seldom met, and the RIC has not met since 2016. Accountability for this state of affairs had largely been attributed to Vice Chairman Singh, who was found to be ill-informed of his duties.According to the report, the vice chairman had been tasked with the responsibility of convening and chairing RIC meetings in absence of the chairman, but he was ignorant of such, and had even attested to that effect.PPP/C Executive Secretary Zulfikar Mustapha, when contacted, related that he was unable to comment on the matter, as he had not yet received a full report from the region.
Berlin-born Boateng, 30, was one of the few German players to speak up for Ozil at the time, said in an interview this week that fellow stars in the national team should have supported the Arsenal midfielder against the harsh criticism following the World Cup debacle.“Thanks bro, for your words,” Arsenal midfielder Ozil wrote in an Instagram story on his official page.“At the DFB, you were always one of the players who was there during difficult moments.”After 23 goals and 40 assists in 92 appearances for Germany, Ozil, who was born in Gelsenkirchen to Turkish parents, announced his retirement in a fiery three-page statement.Boateng said his fellow 2014 World Cup winner had earned the right to a better send off.“Where were the players, who then publicly thanked Mesut?” questioned Boateng, whose father comes from Ghana, in an interview with Munich-based Sueddeutsche Zeitung this week.“Apparently, many did not dare to comment because they thought that would not be so popular with German fans.“It’s about a great player, who became world champion with us, who played fantastic games, who also changed German football a bit. A number 10 with a migration background!“You have to say ‘thank you’, but I find it a shame that some held back.”0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Mesut Ozil (L) took to Instagram to thank his former Germany team-mate defender Jerome Boateng (R) for publically supporting him in the wake of the Arsenal midfielder’s controversial retirement from international football. © AFP / Yuri CORTEZBERLIN, Germany, Sep 22 – Mesut Ozil has thanked Jerome Boateng for public support in the wake of Ozil’s controversial retirement from international football.Ozil, 29, walked away from the Germany squad in July, claiming he was made a scapegoat for the national team’s disastrous failure at the World Cup and cited “racism and disrespect” due to his Turkish heritage and criticised the German FA (DFB).
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORECoach Doc Rivers a “fan” from way back of Jazz’s Jordan Clarkson Phoenix apologized for his “rusty” performance, saying he had not played since the completion of the movie. “I don’t know if you’ve noticed but I’ve messed up like 40 times,” Phoenix said. “I’m all over the place.” One inmate asked Phoenix if he learned to play guitar for the movie. “John wasn’t (Jimi) Hendrix,” Phoenix replied. “It was real simple … we rehearsed a lot.” Phoenix said his co-star in the film, Reese Witherspoon, who played Cash’s wife, June Carter Cash, wanted to be there for the event. Joaquin Phoenix, whose portrayal of Johnny Cash in “Walk the Line” has made him an early Oscar front-runner, returned Tuesday to the scene of one of the musician’s most famous concerts – Folsom State Prison. Cash’s Jan. 13, 1968, performance in a prison yard cemented his image as working-class hero and became a popular live album. More than 50 inmates watched the movie in the Sacramento suburb as the actor and his entourage, including musician Shooter Jennings, who played his father, Waylon Jennings, in the movie, and a host of prison officials toured the facility. Dressed head to toe in Cash’s trademark black, Phoenix performed several acoustic songs with Jennings at the prison’s Greystone Chapel, including Cash’s “Folsom Prison Blues.” Jennings played his own song, “I’m a Long Way From Home.” “I know you guys would probably rather see Reese,” he said. – Associated Press 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
A man punched a priest during Mass after the cleric refused to accept a donation from him, a court heard today.Seamus Doherty, 66, arrived at St Colmcille’s in Glendowan, Churchill before 8pm Mass was due to start on January 15th, 2011.He went into the sacristy of the church and offered Fr Michael McKeever a donation of cash. The priest refused and went on to start Mass, the court heard.However when he started Mass, Doherty, of The Rock, Churchill, began to interrupt the ceremony.He began shouting and roaring abuse and standing in the middle aisle of the church.Fr McKeever asked Doherty to stop but he refused.At one stage he pulled a bottle of alcohol from his pocket.The priest asked Doherty to go to the back of the church but the accused began swearing at Fr McKeever and said he was not leaving.He then began to shout allegations that the clergy were responsible for the suicide of a young local man whose family was present at the Mass, the court was told.Fr McKeever, assisted by members of the congregation, eventually went down to Doherty and asked him to leave.However the accused became more aggressive and eventually punched the priest in the forehead before leaving.Defence solicitor Frank Dorrian told Letterkenny District Court his client had a problem with alcohol and also had mental health problems.“His behaviour is completely irrational because he has no issue with the clergy or the Gardai.“He has a long history but he says that by hitting a priest he has now hit rock bottom,” he said.Judge Paul Kelly said Doherty was obviously a serious risk to himself and to the community when he “loses the run of himself.”“I can think of little worse than a family hearing things like this in a church.“I have heard this man has problems. It may well be better that he is taken off the streets to address these,” he said.Judge Kelly adjourned the case until March 15th for a probation report.At hearing.© 2011 donegaldaily.com, all Rights ReservedThe copying, republication or redistribution of donegaldaily.com Content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited by law.Follow us on www.twitter.com/donegaldailyFollow us on www.facebook.com/donegaldailySell anything on www.donegaldailyclassifieds.comMAN PUNCHED PRIEST DURING MASS, COURT TOLD was last modified: January 19th, 2012 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Churchillcourt case
A burst water main is causing disruption today across several villages in Northeast Donegal.The major burst occurred in Fahan village at approx 6.45am.Fahan, Inch, Burnfoot, Bridgend, Muff, Burt, Newtown, Carrigans, St. Johnston, and Manorcunningham have all been affected. There is widespread traffic disruption as the council try to repair the damage.Plans are in place to feed water from Northern Ireland into the affected areas.The council has stated on their website that they hope to return normal water supplies by 4pm. They have apologised for any inconvenience caused.DISRUPTION AS MAJOR WATER MAIN BURSTS was last modified: September 18th, 2013 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Donegal County Councilwater main
SMEs and start-ups across the North West are being encouraged to attend Google’s free business mentoring event when it comes to Donegal next week.The Grow with Google Digital Garage workshop will take place on Friday, 4th October at An Grianán Theatre, Letterkenny, in partnership with Enterprise Ireland.Digital Garage is part of Google’s global business support initiative, Grow with Google that helps people and businesses acquire the skills needed to embrace opportunity presented by technology. The workshop was designed by experts in response to the economic challenges that Irish businesses and business people are facing, especially those associated with Brexit and its impact. The half-day workshop will feature mentoring and talks focused on digital skills that businesses have highlighted as important to them, as they try to leverage today’s business and commercial opportunities, including Getting your Business Online, Using Data to Drive Growth and Going Global with Digital. The workshop in Letterkenny is the first to take place in the North West and Google and Enterprise Ireland are hopeful to reach as many businesses as possible in the region. Cera Ward, Country Director at Google Ireland said, “Local businesses are the backbone of a robust regional economy and protecting that is going to be very important in the coming months. Irish businesses and decision-makers are facing a serious unknown, and while we certainly can’t provide all the answers, we can provide support. We believe that the best way for us to do that is through mentoring and coaching in the tools and skills that will help businesses as they prepare for the challenges that lie ahead.” Aidan McKenna, Regional Director, North East & North West at Enterprise Ireland said, “Enterprise Ireland is delighted to support the Google Digital Garage regional workshops, where client companies will have an opportunity to receive valuable tips and advice on digital marketing skills. In an ever increasing competitive global marketplace, SMEs need to ensure they constantly gather market intelligence, and use online channels for building their brand and reaching new customers. I would encourage clients to register for the workshop in Letterkenny on 4th October and take advantage of these insights and tips for their own businesses.”Digital Garage events are not limited to businesses and will also feature key elements aimed at ambitious business people to help them advance their careers. “Ireland is known for its talented workforce and we know that there are people working across the country who are ambitious and continually work very hard to realise this ambition and progress in their careers. The #IamRemarkable self-promotion workshop is designed to help these people recognize their talent and achievements and give them the confidence to leverage them in the workplace,” concluded Ms Ward.Digital Garage is free to attend but anyone wishing to attend must register at: g.co/donegalgarageGoogle’s Digital Garage event is coming to Donegal was last modified: September 24th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Businessdigital garageGooglementoring
Berkeley >> One of the themes coming out of the North Coast Section Meet of Champions track and field competition on Saturday at Edwards Stadium in Berkeley is that the Fortuna Huskies’ high-jumpers can dominate.Huskies track and field star Katie Hurst’s leap of five feet, five inches earned her the NCS title in the girl’s high jump on Saturday, joining teammate Jevin Kitchen, who won the boys event on Friday.Hurst cleared the mark on her first attempt to cruise to victory over Encinal’s …
CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos or video on a mobile deviceThe Warriors plan on signing a center that became an integral piece of their 2014-15 championship team. They intend to sign former Andrew Bogut for the remainder of the season once he receives a letter of release from the Sydney Kings of Australia’s National Basketball League, Bay Area News Group confirmed. Yahoo! Sports first reported the news.The Warriors have become interested in reuniting with Bogut “for …
The fourth factor is the growth of internet access via mobile phones in South Africa – although the report notes that this is not yet as big a factor as the media hype suggests. The mobile web New telecoms licences The third factor is the rapid rate at which smaller South African businesses are migrating from slow dial-up connections to faster ADSL lines. “Four major factors will drive this growth,” World Wide Worx MD Arthur Goldstuck said in a statement. These networks would be able to take advantage of the new undersea cable, which will allow service providers to buy bandwidth capacity at wholesale prices and repackage and resell it as they wished. The report shows that the number of internet users in South Africa grew by 12.5% to 4.6-million in 2008 – the first time since 2001 it has grown by more than 8%. The increased growth rate is expected to continue for the next five years, taking the internet user population to the 9-million mark by 2014. Small business switches to ADSL “The first and most obvious development is the arrival of a new undersea telecommunications cable at the end of June. It will increase South Africa’s maximum international bandwidth fivefold, and the actual capacity that was available until the end of last year will increase 30-fold. Would you like to use this article in your publication or on your website? See: Using SAinfo material This is among the conclusions contained in the Internet Access in South Africa 2008 report, released this week by researchers and consultants World Wide Worx. New undersea cable “This means that the new generation of service providers will be able to introduce business models that were never possible before.” 26 March 2009 Goldstuck noted, however, that the arrival of the new cable would bring down bandwidth costs and increase capacity gradually – not overnight. “The cellphone right now is a very crude device for accessing the internet,” says Goldstuck. “We will need to see great improvements in both usability and people’s ability to use advanced features on their cellphones, and that will take another few years.” SAinfo reporter South Africa’s internet population is expected to grow as much in the next five years as it has in the 15 years since the internet became commercially available in the country. “This means that SMEs have taken over from large businesses as the biggest driver of internet access in South Africa.” “The impact of these lines goes much further than merely the number of small businesses that connect,” Goldstuck said. “Our research shows that every small and medium enterprise (SME) using ADSL is connecting anywhere between one and 20 additional individuals to the internet. “While we won’t see even a tenth of the 600 existing ISPs setting up networks, enough of them will emerge from under the radar to give consumers and business a new world of choice,” Goldstuck said. The second factor driving South Africa’s internet growth was the granting of telecommunications licences to all internet service providers (ISPs) who wished to upgrade their existing licences, allowing them to build their own networks.